Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 17 - The show that should be rebooted/remade

I'd like to see more Professor Quatermass stories but I have probably talked about that enough already. So I have looked back at the shows we have covered on British Invaders to date.

Neil Gaiman has said that he has more stories to tell in the Neverwhere universe. Apparently he has a half written novella called How the Marquis got his coat back. And like many others I would love to see more of Patterson Joseph as the Marquis de Carabas. And if Mr Gaiman is a bit busy at the moment then I am sure another writer could give us some new adventures in the fantastical world hidden below the streets of London.

Let's have some more Neverwhere.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I like the idea in principal. Huge fan of the original but unless they get the casting spot on I think a reboot is tricky. Can you really see anyone else playing the Marquis, Croup or Vandemaar? The Angel Islington..? Any new version would undoubtedly recast everyone.

    I quite like the idea of seeing a modern version of Blake's 7, The Nightmare Man, or possibly The Box of Delights. But, again, part of their charm lies in when and how they were made.

    Ultimately I still think reboots and remakes are generally a bad idea. Popular shows were popular through the mix of scripts and casting. Scripts can always be rescued but re-casting popular characters is fraught with danger.

    Personally, I think we should leave well alone and concentrate on creating something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps we would have to have all new characters in the Neverwhere world. But it is a good point about new creations rather than the constant remakes and re-imaginings.

    ReplyDelete