Sunday, January 5, 2014

Big Finish - The Assassination Games

The final story in the 1963 trilogy: The Assassination games by John Dorney. Directed by Ken Bentley.


I'm falling behind with these reviews and I have quite a few more Big Finish releases lined up for New Year listening so I'll be brief. It's 1963 and the Doctor and Ace are mixed up in political intrigue surrounding a missile test. Fortunately the Counter-Measures team are on hand to help out.

With Sylvester McCoy nipping back and forth to New Zealand to work on the Hobbit movies Big Finish have filled in the gaps by adding plenty of supporting characters to the Seventh Doctor stories. It's a tactic that works well here as the Counter-measures team step up to fill out this story. The political comings and goings plus the usual capture and escape tropes work well and this was the most enjoyable of the 1963 trilogy for me.

But it is several weeks since I listened to it and I can't really remember much more about it. 4 out of 5 votes in the Commons and on towards the Afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment