Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Boredcast

Here's another bad movie review to liven things up. This is The Last Broadcast from 1998.


This is an extremely low budget movie of the found footage variety that pre-dated the Blair Witch Project, and may have influenced it. A team of paranormal investigators travel into the woods to research the legend of the Jersey Devil. Bad stuff occurs and years later a documentary film-maker tries to figure out what happened from their surviving videotape.

My copy of the DVD bears the tagline "Incredibly creepy. Don't see it alone." Personally I would amend that to "Incredibly boring. Don't watch it at all."

Now don't get me wrong I am a big fan of shows like Ghostwatch and I found the Blair Witch Project really quite scary, but this is dull as ditch-water. I don't normally spot twist endings but I saw this one coming a mile off, and it still makes no sense.

Terrible film. And if you don't believe me just send me the price of a stamp and it's yours. 0 out of 5 stars. A new low for bad movie bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment