Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Big Finish - Jago & Litefoot series two

Clearing the last of my Big Finish backlog ready for a new year of adventures. Here are more frantic frolics from that pair of intrepid investigators Jago & Litefoot.


Just like series one there are four linked stories: Litefoot and Sanders by Justin Richards, The Necropolis Express by Mark Morris, The Theatre of Dreams by Jonathan Morris, and The Ruthven Inheritance by Andy lane. All directed by the delightful Lisa Bowerman. This time the linking story arc concerns a new villain, Gabriel Sanders, played by another actor with a fine voice David Collings.

I should really write at more length about this marvellous series. For now I will just say that I am currently having more fun with the Jago and Litefoot stories than I am with the main range Doctor Who series. I suspect the same will be true about the new Ordeals of Sherlock Holmes box set. I just have a thing for creepy Victoriana at the moment.

Once again Messrs Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter are on delightful form and the supporting cast are splendid. Lisa Bowerman keeps the series on track with her notes about the characters and what must be a fairly clear brief for the writers. It's all simply splendid and equals the high 4.5 out of 5 theatrical impresarios that the first series achieved.

And that's it I've caught up with my reviews for everything I have listened to so far. Series three of Jago & Litefoot, the Ordeals of Sherlock Holmes, and the 2000AD Crime Chronicles wait patiently on my iPod. Corks!

No comments:

Post a Comment