Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 25 - Favourite SF comedy show

The competition is Red Dwarf, Hitch-Hiker's Guide and Hyperdrive. All good shows in their way but none can match the charm of Spaced.


Spaced was the show that spoke to the geek within all of us. It was the show that got it right. And it was a show that I probably wouldn't have spotted if it hadn't been for my kids introducing me to it.

While at heart it was a simple sit-com format of a group of ill-matched people trying to live together it was the knowing nods to all of popular culture that delivered the show's humour and style. I remember the moment when I realised they were doing the final scene from Empire Strikes Back. Fantastic stuff.

Calling it a science fiction show is, of course, a bit of a stretch but I'm going to allow it. Spaced is the best SF comedy show out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment