Sunday, August 28, 2011

Brumcon

Yesterday I spent a happy day wandering around the Birmingham comic convention. I met a number of well known comic creators including Dave Gibbons the Watchmen artist, Alan Davis who did Captain Britain and Miracleman, And Ian Edginton and Matt "D'Israeli" Brooker who are the writer and artist respectively on Scarlet Traces and Stickleback.

It was all great fun. I rummaged through back issue boxes, picked up some old issues I was looking for, spent too much money on new stuff, and got some sketches and some books signed. I even took part in a panel game called "Play your comics right" and was on the winning team!

It was all splendid and I'm going to interrupt my Ape postings to put up some scans of my acquisitions. Let's start with a not terribly rare 1960s X-Men issue which I bought just because I love the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment