Sunday, August 28, 2011

Matt Brooker and Ian Edginton

I've blogged here several times about the fantastic Scarlet Traces graphic novels which I did a set of annotations for a couple of years ago. The writer Ian Edginton and the artist Matt "D'Israeli" Brooker had tables next to each other at Brumcon. I chatted to them about Scarlet Traces and their recent books which I got them to sign for me. They are both charming fellows and it was a pleasure to meet them and to discuss the annotations and their plans for another Stickleback story..

I also got Matt to do me a couple of sketches. The first is of the older version of Major Robert Autumn from Scarlet Traces.

I think he looks splendidly cantankerous.

And this one is Delerium from the Sandman comics for my daughter Jenny. Delerium is her favourite character. We both like her slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment